photo logocopyFINAL2_zps4f3aeeb2.png
Location: Sydney, Australia

How-to Make Fantastic Flatlays


So a lot of you may not know this, but in my spare time I love to look at flatlay's. There's just something about the way everything is laid out that I find so appealing. I can't get enough of them. I've literally combed the internet for hours searching for the perfect flatlays. My tedious journey ended once I ran across the insanely talented Steph Kramer of watermeloncrush.com. I managed to get the courage to email her and ask how she creates these masterpieces. She was insanely nice and managed to give me some great tips on how to create a flatlay of my own! 



"Never use a flash. Shoot in daylight and get as much of it in as you can. 
I have never used a flash, it's...very harsh and artificial light makes the image very 'fake'."


"Edit as little as possible. I rarely change anything other than a bit of leveling / curves and might up the saturation slightly on a key colour… The more you edit, generally the worse you picture looks. 
Rather spend time on getting the physical layout perfect."

 

"Shoot on a white background. A white table, an ironed sheet, a big piece of paper. 
Avoid shadowing, this just makes your work harder."


"I hope that's a little bit of an insight anyway. 
Remember, if the flat lay looks good in real life, it most likely will on camera too. Less tricks = better picture." 

I've been working on some flatlays of my own. Once I get everything figured out I'll be sure to post them. I'd like to thank Steph Kramer once again. She is one of the most talented bloggers I follow and I really appreciate her taking the time to help out! If you're needing inspiration check out her fantastic blog watermeloncrush.com

4 comments:

  1. This is a great post:)

    http://tinkerbelloflaka.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. really helpful!

    xx closetchronicle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so cool, I love this. I have always wondered how it is done.

    ReplyDelete